DisplaySize update on OS window resize

So, i was looking in the web around this problem that i have but was not able to find a solution and i was thinking that i should not post the question on github so here we are.

As first, i’m pretty new to ImGUI Now, im creating a simple Window in C++ with windows api (RegisterClassEx & CreateWindow)
WNDCLASSEX wcex;

//Class structure
wcex.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);
wcex.style = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW;
wcex.lpfnWndProc = myWndProc_Hanlder;
wcex.hInstance = tInstance;
wcex.hIcon = 0;
wcex.hCursor = LoadCursor(0, IDC_ARROW);
wcex.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_WINDOW + 1);
wcex.lpszMenuName = 0;
wcex.lpszClassName = className;

Now i setup directx9 on the window and i just clear the window with some random colors and no more drawings. Setup imgui and everything works fine but my problem is when i resize my ‘SimpleWindow’ when i click on let’s say the imgui resize thing in the corner of a imgui object i can’t click on it i mean the point to resize the window still stands on the old place. Im not sure if i could explain my problem so i will post a screenshot with explanation.

IMGui windows get smaller when resizing down OS window

The problem you have here is that you aren’t updating io.DisplaySize to match the current size of our OS window. As a result, even though your mouse position are passed to dear imgui in pixel coordinates (correct) the rendering projection matrix still thinks you are using the old size. So there is a mismatch between inputs and rendering.

This is also the reason the rendering looks off/bad on the second picture.

As shown in the example, you should update io.DisplaySize to match your underlying os window / rendering context size at all time.

Thanks for the answer! I Was not able to find exactly what you said in the example but i got your point, if i have future problems again i will post them here of course after i did google research :slight_smile:
Oh and i think i found a little bug and reported it here: https://github.com/ocornut/imgui/issues/2041
Have a good day!

what exactly is the code used to solve this? I don’t see displaySize in the samples. I set displaySize to match the OS window in my rendering loop and it does the same thing.